The Initial Situation
The "Nationalpark Wattenmeer" is a unique natural landscape in northern Germany and neighboring countries. The federal states of Schleswig-Holstein, Hamburg and Lower Saxony manage shares in the national park and jointly present their offers on the web presence nationalpark-wattenmeer.de.
In the course of the relaunch, an informative and appealing website was to be created, which on the one hand presents the national park as a whole, while at the same time highlighting the special features of the individual regions and actively responding to the quite different user groups and their needs.
A manageable set of page types combined with lovingly designed content elements, an appealing combination of fonts, and a dynamic content grid provide editors with a consistent yet flexible construction kit for lively overview pages and attractively prepared content pages.
- Categories and keywords enable targeted output of content - either selected by users or preset by the editorial team, for example for target group-specific landing pages.
The website for the national park was developed on the basis of WordPress 5.
To be able to fully respond to the wishes of the customer in terms of design and functionality, a custom theme was developed. Most functions could be implemented with standard plug-ins, some were developed specifically for the appearance.
- URL: https://www.nationalpark-wattenmeer.de/
- Customer: Nationalparkverwaltung Niedersächsisches Wattenmeer
- Branch: Project - featured
- Technology: WordPress 5
- Work: Consulting, UX conception and design, technical implementation, support & further development.