The Initial Situation
The "Stiftung Preussische Schlösser und Gärten" (SPSG) / "Prussian Palaces and Gardens Foundation" Berlin-Brandenburg looks after some of the most beautiful and important testimonies to four centuries of art, culture and architectural history in Berlin-Brandenburg. It maintains and preserves, researches and communicates these cultural treasures in a variety of ways.
As part of a public tender, cosmoblonde was awarded the contract to gradually optimize the website and ticket store of the SPSG Foundation during ongoing operations and make them more user-friendly.
In the course of a comprehensive rebrush process, they were to be cleaned up in terms of design, modernized, and adapted to the foundation's current corporate design.
- The first step was an update to the current TYPO3 version, a conceptual and design makeover of the main page, and the optimization and expansion of the ticket store.
- In order to make it transparent for internal stakeholders who is to be addressed and with what needs, requirements, usage habits, etc. these users access the SPSG's offerings, target group personas were initially developed and their central use cases defined and prioritized.
- Based on the communication goals and the prioritized user groups or use cases, the SPSG's website, online CD and store have now been successively redesigned to be user-oriented and gradually optimized from the inside out.
- The result is an inviting website that actively encourages its very heterogeneous international user base to discover the many aspects of the SPSG.
- A contemporary and generous look and feel was developed for the complex linked data structure, which in particular gives the castles more room to operate and communicate.
- The core content around the objects and events was technically rebuilt completely in TYPO3 to make current and future requirements applicable.
- The Foundation's ticket store was adapted to the new website design and functionally expanded.
Fancy a trip to the world of Prussian castles and gardens?
- URL: https://www.spsg.de
- Customer: Stiftung Preußische Schlösser und Gärten
- Branch: Stiftung
- Realisation: Revision fall 2018 - February 2020, ongoing support
- Technology: TYPO3, Magento (Ticketshop)
- Work: Consulting, UX conception, design, technical realization