European Climate Initiative -
Relaunch & further development with WordPress
The website of the European Climate Protection Initiative - EUKI for short - no longer met the requirements of the initiative managed by the German Society for International Cooperation (GIZ). A relaunch was planned for 2018, the aim of which was to create an up-to-date, informative and less text-heavy information platform for experts and the interested public.
The website of the European Climate Protection Initiative was completely relaunched in just under three months. User-friendly introductory offers, an optimized structure and a new design derived from the logo colors of the initiative shape the character of the informative and inviting WordPress website.
In close coordination with the EUKI team, we first considered the target groups of the site and their information and communication needs. In the interests of both the target groups and the sender, use cases were weighted and thus the basis for a streamlined menu as well as for the structure of the various page types was created.
- The main menu has been streamlined in order to make it easier for the heterogeneous target groups to recognize the content on offer.
- The ideas competition, the heart of the EUKI - especially for those carrying out projects - is presented in compact form with its associated documents. The web-based submission process for project sketches also comes from cosmoblonde and is further developed annually in accordance with the requirements.
- The EUKI projects are made accessible via an interactive map and list display. In order to make access to the consistently tagged projects even more intuitive and to be able to link more actively between the projects, the map is to be revised and functionally expanded this year.
- In the information center, the EUKI provides news as well as publications and videos.
- In the new community area, project executives report on their current events and present learnings and good practices in order to become more visible for each other as well as for their international target groups.
- URL: https://www.euki.de
- Kunde: Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
- Umsetzung: Relaunch: 3 Monate (2018/19), fortlaufende Betreuung und Weiterentwicklung
- Technologie: WordPress
- Leistungen: Konzeption, UI-Design, Frontend- und Backend-Programmierung, Schulung, fortlaufende Betreuung und Weiterentwicklung