The initial situation
As informal forums of the most important industrialized (G7) and industrialized and emerging countries (G20), the G7 and G20 coordinate joint positions on an increasingly broad range of global issues.
The working methods of the G7 and G20 follow a process with their "own language". The (further) development of this common language is the central concern of the groups and the main subject of the negotiations under the annually changing chairmanship. In accordance with this basic structure, a considerable number of documents (communiqués, declarations, annexes, etc.) have been published within both forums over the years. Since both the G7 and the G20 are informal associations, there has been a lack of a formal body that collects the outcome documents and resolutions of the numerous past meetings and makes them available to a broad circle of interested parties.
In order to provide interested persons with a generally accessible and clear possibility to search for G7 and G20 documents as well as keywords contained therein in a fast, efficient and target-oriented manner, a database was to be developed in an agile process on behalf of the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), which contains all relevant texts from approx. 500-800 documents and makes them searchable.
- In an agile process, based on the prioritized use cases, the functions of the database were defined, sketched in wireframes and subjected to an initial test by potential users from specialist circles by means of a wireframe click dummy.
- A minimal corporate design was developed for the portal, with the main focus on visually structuring the site and its functions to support ease of use.
- After wireframes and design were agreed upon, the defined MVP was first implemented and tested. Findings from the test were incorporated into the optimization.
- Through a user-friendly, simple and visually appealing English-language website, documents can now be quickly found, searched by specific parameters, compared and shared.
- In the next step, additional functions were added and the database was expanded to a full version, extensively tested and went live.
- URL: https://g7g20-documents.org/
- Kunde: Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
- Branche: Organisationen
- Leistungen: Konzeption, IA/UX, Corporate Design, Screendesign, Front- und Backend-Entwicklung, Testing