The Initial Situation
The German Society for Paediatric and Adolescent Medicine e.V. (DGKJ) is the scientific society for paediatric and adolescent medicine in Germany. Its members include numerous paediatricians, clinics and scientific institutions.
Design, structure and a more precise target group approach were the focus of the relaunch. The design was to be more generous and tidy - and of course responsive. The quite different user groups - current and future members of the DGKJ, parents seeking advice and representatives from politics and the press - were to be adequately addressed in terms of design and effectively guided to the content that is relevant for them.
[Translate to en:] Ansichten aus der neuen TYPO3-Site der deutschen Gesellschaft für Kinder- und Jugendmedizin
Foundations for editorial flexibility
- The design follows the idea of atomic design, in which smaller "design atoms" are gradually combined into larger units and content elements.
- Together with a manageable and editorially easy-to-handle selection of page types, a modular content construction kit was created that allows editors a high degree of flexibility in page structure while always remaining consistent in design.
- A "Newswall" - a TYPO3 extension we developed - allows current content to be presented on the start page in a particularly dynamic and partially automated way. This also enables an active weighting of the content with regard to the different user groups.
The design realisation
The new clear and generous design emphasises the openness and professionalism of the DGKJ. The typographic design is in the tradition of classic medical journals and underlines the medical communication competence of the society.
Strong colour accents make the design look lively; at the same time, they can be used to draw attention to important issues. The imagery and generous image formats focus on the main theme of "children and youth" and allow this to be brought into focus in the design.
- URL: https://www.dgkj.de/en
- Kunde: German Society of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Kinder- und Jugendmedizin - DGKJ)
- Branche: NGO
- Umsetzung: Launch in March 2018, ongoing support, rebrush 2022
- Technologie: TYPO3, Version 9.5
- Leistungen: Concept, design, technical realisation, support and further development