In the Rosa Luxemburg Foundation's old site, the structure and navigation offerings had adapted to the Foundation's topics and work units over the years - as a result, clarity and orientation fell behind.
Central wishes for the redesign were:
- more overview, more active entry into the diverse offers of the foundation
- updated, contemporary online design
- a varied overview of the Foundation's current topics and events
- an easily recognisable thematic focus of individual pages
- more editorial freedom
For the user personae defined in previous workshops, their central concerns and use cases, entry scenarios were developed to check the fit of the page structure and the elements for the target groups.
In addition to the dynamic overview pages, which are very varied thanks to the Newsall extension, the monothematic filterable tile and list pages in particular allow quick access and targeted retrieval of specific content.
Navigation and design development
- The navigation was intentionally kept flat and is shown in all responsive views with a menu icon. In this way, the content comes to the fore and the search is also actively positioned as a navigation tool.
- In support of the fold-out main menu in which the first 3 content levels are managed, editors can insert fold-out navigation elements in the content area on sub-pages. This is a clear navigation advantage, especially for mobile users.
- In the design, the very red and area-oriented CD of the foundation was taken up and implemented in concise teaser, content and functional elements.
- The background images can be used specifically as thematic hooks for the individual pages. Intentional empty spaces loosen up the impression of the content teasers and convey the feeling of a further dimension behind the content.
- The teasers play a supporting role within this website, which is dynamically composed in many places. Accordingly, a lot of attention was paid to the design of visually and informatively clear formats that allow orientation at first glance.
- URL: https://www.rosalux.de
- Customer: Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung
- Branch: Stiftung
- Realisation: Seit 2011, laufende Betreuung und Weiterentwicklung, Relaunch in 2016/17
- Technology: TYPO3 (Version 9.5)
- Work: Redaktionelle und technische Beratung, UX-Design, Usability-Optimierung, Frontend- und Backend Programmierung, Extension-Entwicklung, CMS-Manuals und -Schulung, Support und Weiterentwicklung
- Specialities: Responsiv, mehrsprachige Multidomain Site, barrierearm