The International Climate Initiative (IKI) is a service of the Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (Society for International Cooperation) and is operated on behalf of the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU).
- At the beginning of 2016, we were awarded the contract to provide technical support for the TYPO3-based website and to successively expand it.
- For example, the site was expanded to include an interface that enables data synchronisation between the ITFPlus/Sciforma project database and TYPO3. Since then, project data records from the IKI project software can be published directly on the IKI website via the TYPO3 project extension. Duplicate maintenance of content is avoided.
Application management process - submit & manage applications online
One of the largest sub-projects was the conception and development of an editorially adaptable application procedure - the so-called outline procedure. Several calls per year are now created and managed with the sketch procedure.
- The editorial team can create a new call directly in the system and configure it according to specific requirements via the editorial interface.
- Applicants can register online to submit their project outlines, obtain information and start the application process.
- Reviewers can log in to the system and view the existing and assigned proposals, evaluate them and refer them to the editorial team.
- The administration can add the necessary data to the project outlines and reviews. They can also activate applicants, set up accounts for reviewers and add the necessary information, downloads, etc. via a CMS.
- In the editorial backend, existing applications can be filtered, sorted and evaluated according to certain criteria and exported in Office format.
- A rejection process that can be managed via the editorial backend reduces the editorial effort per call by approx. 7.5 person days.
- The number of hits on the website has increased annually; the "Funding" section, including the outline procedure, accounts for more than half of the hits.
- URL: https://www.international-climate-initiative.com
- Customer: Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
- Branch: NGO
- Realisation: Laufend seit 2016
- Technology: Bootstrap, TYPO3 8.5
- Work: UX-Beratung und -Design, Content-Editing, Front- und Backendprogrammierung, Schulung, Hosting und Support