Neu-Ulm University (HNU) is an international business school in the south of Germany. In interdisciplinary bachelor's and master's degree programs, students here are prepared for management activities and leadership positions in a practice-oriented manner.
Based on the new colorful and contrasting corporate design of the university, a website was to be developed that further develops the CD in a media-friendly way and shows a clear and self-confident profile in its address and orientation.
The most important target group of the new site are national and international bachelor and master students, to whom the HNU would like to offer a clear and straightforward access. The new website should be accessible barrier-free for all interested parties.
- The workshops at the beginning of the project focused on the central target groups, their needs and use cases, as well as the goals of the university.
A clear focus was placed on the target group of prospective students. For them, HNU should be recognizable at first glance as a bold and modern educational institution.
- The structure of the website has been more clearly aligned with the university's content priorities and the interests of prospective and current students. In various ways, the website offers them clear and short paths to the content.
- With the help of our target group matrix, the departments and divisions were able to weight their content and align it according to the prioritized target groups during the content revision process.
- The responsive design was developed as a design system based on Atomic Design. All design elements have a functional counterpart in TYPO3, changes and further developments are realized synchronously on all levels of the "construction kit".
- Low-barrier accessibility was an important requirement in the design and frontend development, and was tested by internal university experts and BIK during the process.
- A powerful Solr search makes the site's content searchable and linkable in a variety of ways.
- URL: https://www.hnu.de
- Customer: Hochschule Neu-Ulm (HNU)
- Branch: Aktuell
- Realisation: Relaunch 2019 - 2020, ongoing support
- Technology: TYPO3, Solr
- Work: Consulting, conception, design, front- and backend programming, editorial support, training, support / further development
- Specialities: Responsive, barrier-free