The Initial Situation
The refrigeration and air conditioning (RAC) sector is a massive contributor to greenhouse gas emissions worldwide, largely due to the low energy efficiency of equipment and the high global warming potential of the refrigerants used.
GIZ's Green Cooling Initiative promotes the provision of climate-friendly and energy-efficient cooling solutions.
We have been managing the portal since 2017, and in 2020 we were awarded the contract to relaunch, streamline, and functionally expand the site.
- The new TYPO3 website of the initiative has a clear, fresh and self-confident design.
- In terms of content, it offers a lot of dynamic content managed via a solr searchengine, which users can query and filter quickly and according to their needs - news articles, best practice examples, members of the global network as well as interesting publications and media content on the topics of the Green Cooling Initiative.
- The design and code of the content elements are based on a design system that leaves plenty of room for editorial work and at the same time enables a consistent appearance throughout.
- Design and function of elements are closely linked, so changes made in one place can easily be conjugated through all layers of an element.
The functional centerpiece of the site is an interactive world map that dynamically provides detailed information on the emission levels of individual countries in relation to cooling technologies - now and in perspective development.
With the relaunch, the existing map was expanded to include editorial and user-friendly functions, the database was updated, and the appearance was adapted to the website's new design.
- URL: https://www.green-cooling-initiative.org/
- Customer: Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
- Branch: Project - featured
- Technology: TYPO3 (Version 9.5)
- Work: Consulting, UX conception and design, front- and backend programming