The Initial Situation
"Gender in German Development" is a project of the German Society for International Cooperation (GIZ), the focus of which is on gender equality in German development cooperation.
The focus of attention is - analogous to the Sustainable Development Goals of the UN - eight gender-sensitive sectors of development cooperation. For these sectors, the website provides facts, figures, projects and tools to show how the current situation of the respective sector with regard to gender equality is and what has been done so far.
In the course of the extensive relaunch, the profile and offer of the website should be updated and sharpened in order to offer different target groups appealing and easy access to qualified information.
In terms of content, the site clearly focuses on the topic of gender equality in development cooperation. This focused orientation enables her to communicate the topic in an easily recognizable manner.
The editorial team would like to use this advantage to establish the website as a high-quality and up-to-date point of contact on the topic with its own and aggregated content.
- The site offers up-to-date basic information on eight key topics. Easily comprehensible overviews as well as references to sources and numerous additional information on topics in depth.
- Projects and activities on gender issues in German development cooperation are presented on an interactive map.
- A small quiz on the home page and a compact "fact of the month" also offer people who are not familiar with the subject an easy introduction to the topic.
- Since the content uses numerous technical terms, a glossary function has been integrated. Information on marked terms is displayed as a tooltip by mouseover.
- The expert database offers experienced advisors on gender issues in development cooperation a platform to introduce themselves and makes it easier to find suitable specialists for current projects.
In terms of design, the website should move on neutral territory between the initiators, the German Society for International Cooperation and the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation.
- In order to achieve this and an appealing presentation of the content, we have developed a clear yet light language of form and a warm and friendly color concept that loosens up the coolness of the factual sector program.
- Since there are hardly any pictures for the content, colored areas, illustrations, diagrams, flexible content elements and a varied page grid were used to enable a relaxed and inviting presentation of the information.
- We have also used a design system for this website - the design and function of the elements are closely linked so that changes can easily be conjugated through all levels of an element.
- The site was implemented on the basis of TYPO3 in version 10.4.
- The expert database has been redesigned and built from scratch.
- The website has been made completely barrier-free.
- URL: https://gender-and-development.de
- Kunde: Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
- Branche: Project - featured
- Technologie: TYPO3 (Version 10.4)
- Leistungen: Beratung, UX-Konzeption und Design, Front- und Backend-Umsetzung, Datenbank-Entwicklung