Captrain Deutschland GmbH is a subsidiary of the French SNCF Logistics group. The corporation with a multitude of subsidiaries and holdings has 1,240 employees and owns over 157 locomotives, 2,500 freight waggons , seven dedicated factories and 454 km of railway infrastructure.
Captrain desired an internal communication network which complies to the manifold internal information and communication needs, simplifies exchange, and facilitates access and update of central documents. The deployed technology should have a modular character and allow progressive upgrading and developing. To define identity the implementation was based on the existing Captrain Group’s Corporate Design elements.
Choosing the technological foundation had to allow for future development of the functional range. cosmoblonde was commissioned with the intranet’s draft, design and implementation.
In accordance with the company’s other platforms TYPO3 in Longterm Support Version 6.2 was the CMS of choice.
Besides several responsive content modules to display comprehensive categorised data (news, events, downloads), features and functions have been implemented which allow unobstructed exchange and collaboration of employees at different places with different means of access.
- Depending on their location, employees can access the intranet via pc, terminal, tablet, or smart phone.
- Log-in is via Single Sign On, because of the personalisation via Active Directory (LDAP Integration) the user’s normal system log-in is sufficient.
- Thanks to closed user circuits, individual work areas are able to have their own individual exchange of data. A form generator allows the editorial production of application forms and PDFs.
- The Captrain employee magazine is incorporated as ePaper.
- Location-specific weather information is integrated as REST Services.
- Between intranet and internet news-based information is automatically synchronised and facilitates the editorial workflow.
Since 2018, cosmoblonde has been entrusted with the maintenance and further development of the company's website in addition to the intranet.
In 2019, a Polish client solution of the German site was implemented.
- URL: intern
- Customer: Captrain Deutschland GmbH
- Realisation: 8 months
- Technology: Strategic and creative consulting, design/prototyping, web styleguide, frontend and TYPO3-programming, development of own extensions, cms and system integration, training, maintenance and support for a responsive intranet gateway based on TYPO3 8.7 LTS